1. Go into Blogger, edit the template for your blog
4. Scroll all the way down to "Add CSS." You might have to click and use the down arrow.
5. Add something like what you see below.
6. I added the following:
div, post, span
font: 16px arial,sans-serif !important;line-height: 150% !important;
- font size is set to 16px high, a fairly large font.
- font is set to arial
- line spacing is set to 150% or a space and a half to make it easy to read
- "!important" says "override any other individual setting and use this"
This might not be the best way to do this. After a lot of trial and error, I found that it did what I needed it to do. Your mileage may vary.
Details/my rant (no need to read this)
I was frustrated because when I would paste text into my blog, I'd get all kinds of funky text and sizes. My blog was looking like a ransom note. The buttons at the top for text size, font, etc, didn't seem to work. I couldn't select the whole post and change size and font. I think I could have selected text individually and done it. I think that has to do with the html; the hmtl sort of separates the text into various sections, and I needed to use the buttons on each section separately.
I want to make my blogs accessible to everyone, even people with normal vision. That's why I make my text black on a light background and use fairly large fonts. Arial is pretty safe, most computers will have that, but if not, then I've specified sans-serif to tell it to use some other sans serif font. They're supposed to be easier to read on screen while serif fonts are easier on paper.